SECTION 1 – DATA COLLECTION
Who is collecting the data?
- Data is collected and stored by Acclivity. in Malta, Europe.
What data is being collected?
- Acclivity. collects data relevant to your shopping and purchasing history while you are visiting www.acclivitystore.com in an attempt to improve the browsing and shopping experience.
- This data may include names, addresses, phone numbers, dates of birth, etc. of you or other related parties (for example, recipient information if you are buying a gift card or sending a physical order to a gift recipient). The information you provide will be securely stored with us, and you can add, delete or change your registered information at any time by logging into your account.
- Other data collected that may not be as obvious in addition to the data that you actively provide to us are cookies, IP address, browser/device information and social media handles if you reach our site through clicking on one of our advertisements.
- When you make a purchase on www.acclivitystore.com, we will collect additional information such as credit card numbers, expiry dates, CVVs, and billing addresses in order to complete your purchase. Similarly, relevant information will be collected if you use alternative payment methods such as PayPal.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
- All transactional data is securely processed through industry standard processing practices and information is anonymized and encrypted whenever possible in the case of credit card numbers and otherwise identifying financial information. Acclivity. does not store or have access to customers’ full credit card numbers.
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
- As a general rule, information collected by us will not be shared outside of Acclivity. unless information is collected via a multi-brand partnership such as a giveaway or brand collaboration. We will always inform you of this separately when collecting information that will be shared with any additional parties. Customer and order recipient information provided to us will not be shared with any third parties outside of those necessary to deliver your order, for example, we provide information we collect to third party service providers, such as to parcel carriers who help to ship and deliver your orders.
- Acclivity. team members with access to your personal data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information collected from you.
How will the information be used?
- The information is used to provide customers with improved shopping experiences on our website and to facilitate the processing and delivery of orders of physical products.
How long will the data be stored for?
- We retain your information only as long as is necessary and only for the purpose for which we obtained them. We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose.
What rights does the data subject have?
- You have the right to access the majority of your personal data at any time within your account profile. If you do not have an account profile, you can request a copy of the information that we have on file for you at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete personal data held on you, where we have no legitimate legal reason to retain it. You have the right to ask us to update and correct any incorrect personal data that we have already collected.
- You have the right to opt out or any marketing communications both in your account profile, during the checkout process, and contained within any marketing outreach via the unsubscribe link in any of our email marketing campaigns.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to us receiving it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
SECTION 5 – SECURITY
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Having said this, to protect your personal information we take reasonable precautions and follow the industry’s best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you provide to us is given at your own risk.
SECTION 6 – AGE OF CONSENT
Visitors under 16 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their personal information on our site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, please do not submit any information to us. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information. Visitors older than the age of 16, but younger than their country’s legal age of majority are permitted to use and/or submit their personal information only with parental supervision. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.